Monday 20 September 2010

We spent the weekend...

decorating our hall, stairs and landing. I say hall, but really it is just a titchy little square to step into to take off your coat and kick off your shoes! There is a door off to the dining room or you can go straight up the stairs!


This is the before, the colour was Turkish Gold which was looking a bit dated.


A close up of the gold!


We have now painted it Natural Calico by Dulux, althogh it looks a bit gray in this photo!The Hubster made the pretty hearts key holder for me about 10 years ago and I love it !




There is just enough room for a little hall table. I bought this at the boot last year for a couple of pounds!I need to repaint it white and as there is a split in the top I would love to cover it in a pretty oilcloth




but while I'm doing the challenge there is no chance of that. I doubt I will find any at the boot or in a charity shop. In the meantime I'm going to use a piece of floral linen dress, I shall cut a piece and trim it with pom poms I think!




I also bought the lovely wine box at the boot, for a £1 I think. This now contains my envelopes, stamps and the like!I still need to paint all the woodwork and finish painting the mirror(only the 3rd coat grrrr!) I shall show you more piccies later in the week! Oh and thank you for all the kind comments about my hand knitted bag in the last post! You are all so sweet!



Have a lovely week ladies, the sun is shining here at the mo!



Rachel x

9 comments:

Thedarkerside73 said...

Very pretty! Love the new colour on the wall. Its nice to have a change isnt it. I love the way paint can change how we see and feel about a space.

Cute little table too. It will look lovely with a pretty top I am sure.


MBB x

Coco Rose Diaries said...

Loving it! I like a make-over...the colour is lovely. We spent the weekend painting and doing up the garden ready for winter. A big shed arrives tomorrow which I have decided needs painting before putting together. Hubby's eyes did that whole rolling thing and the look of 'you're doing all on your own'! So I have my work cut out! he he! Can't wait to see more pics! Have a fab day! xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks gorgeous. Simple so you can all sorts of gorgeousness to it. I love your wine box and the key holder. I have a little unit in my bathroom that I rescued from my friends trip to the tip and I want to put oil cloth on that but I am trying NOT to spend!!! It is hard sometimes isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Just delightful ... :0)

Shirl x

Heidi said...

I love those floral prints and the redo, so fresh and cheery!

The Little Vintage Company said...

Looks gorgeous! I love the floral prints!
Tamzin X

Pipany said...

Isn't it lovely when you get to di a revamp? It looks great and you never know with carboots. x

Louise said...

I changed my hall walls from dark cream to a near-white and it made the a tiny room look so much bigger. That table looks fab - what about covering with a wallpaper sample and sticky back plastic to give a vinyl effect (I've never tried this but I'm thinking about it for my dressing table).
Louise
x

bellaboo said...

Love your hall makover,and the little wooden heart key holder your OH made is darling! There is so much that needs painting in our house,I don't know where to start.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the little table. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails