Friday 5 February 2010

Surprise gift, Brighton and pincushions!


I was having a bit of a feeling down kind of a day, when a parcel arrived tthrough my letterbox. I assumed it was for Hubby, as he had ordered some stuff online.But I was wrong, as I turned it over I realised it had been sent all the way from Italy! Well I was so excited, inside was the most thoughtful and special gft from the lovely Michela at Little Secrets From My Garden
Isn't it gorgeous! A sweet little purse in red leather! I love it Michela I really do!

What a sweet lady you are!

Michela sent a lovely little note saying that the purse was a thank you for the brooches I had sent when she won a giveaway of mine!
Really,there was no need to send me a gift Michela, but it was a very kind thought and I REALLY appreciate it!
It takes pride of place in the bag I had from Hubby from my birthday!

In other news, we had a lovely weekend in Brighton, visiting my daughter at uni .We had a little trip out to Devils Dyke in the South Downs.We Watched the handgliders and people doing this sport, although I don't know what it's called.It was a beautiful clear day butVERY cold.We had a very cozy pub lunch there too!
My daughter and I had a fit of the giggles watching one poor chap trying to take off.He kept trying to run off the edge of the hill but got knocked down by the wind The poor chap must've been knackered by the time he took off! Luckily he was out of earshot so he didn't hear our giggles!
This week I have been working on some new patchwork pincushions . Quite big ones too!

They are made from Hexy patchwork on both sides and I shall be popping them into my Tiny Shop later today!

I just love Hexy patchwork, so relaxing! I love picking the colours and fabrics too!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Rachel x

7 comments:

Serenata said...

Beautiful purse!

Parapenting - what fun!

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

bellaboo said...

We live quite near Devils Dyke and when we drive past we look up at those 'mad' as Mr Boo calls them...paragliders.You wouldn't get me up there for all the tea in china!
The purse is gorgeous....as are those pincushions.

Bellaboo

VintageVicki said...

I love Brighton - just wish it was a bit closer & we'd be there more often.

Remember seeing the paragliders when we were last down there on holiday - totally mad.

Shsjndkdns said...

Hello!
Love your little patchwork pin cushions, what a great idea and they make a great shape too :) x

Carol said...

That is a jolly purse, lucky you. Your pin cushions are fun too.
I love Brighton, a little trip around the lanes followed by a nice lunch is a great day out for me!
Cxxxxxx

harmony and rosie said...

Lovely purse - my favourite colour is red too so I am quite envious. Your pin cushions are great fun.

Have a lovely weekend.

Kate x

BadPenny said...

paragliders I think ... I LOVE the Devil's Dyke - it was a favourite spot to dog walk when I was a kid. Charging down the hill at top speed !

Sweet little purse from Michela - I do like to have a purse as well as a wallet.

Great patchwork !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails